• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew Another GenPlus GX Forwarder

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to consistency, so it always bothered me that GenPlusGX doesn't offer an official forwarder to match the other 'GX' emulators. I decided to try my hand at putting one together with a similar theme to the other GX channels and figured I'd share this as an option for anyone else annoyed by the inconsistent forwarders. Here's the result:

It looks a bit nicer in 4:3 on a CRT, but I think it still works pretty well in widescreen. I'm also not sure I picked the best characters to represent the system on the banner- I grew up with the NES and didn't get a Genesis until well after its heyday as a hand-me-down, so I'm really not sure who should be considered the mascots of the system aside from Sonic. Let me know what you think!

Notes:
  • Booting via SD and USB are both supported from apps/genplus-gx/boot.dol (tested only on an original Wii)
  • I borrowed the layout and animations from the official VBA-GX forwarder and modified them to match the Genesis theme and sprite animations.
  • The primary inspiration for this channel's design and the source of the included song was another sonic-themed GenPlusGX forwarder I found on this Korean blog. I'm not affiliated with the blog and can't guarantee that it's completely safe, but I didn't have any problems with the few WADs I tested from that specific link.

Attachments

• Genesis Plus GX - GNGX.zip
    Genesis Plus GX - GNGX.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 37

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back