• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Xbox quietly confirmed new console without you noticing

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1718164852341.png

If you tuned into Sunday's Xbox Games Showcase, I'm sure you weren't disappointed by what you saw.

Fair to say, Microsoft showed off an absolutely stellar line-up with the world premieres dropping thick and fast.

The biggest reveal of the night was arguably that of Gears of War: E-Day, a new prequel starring Marcus Fenix.

It was far from the only major headline of the night.

DOOM: The Dark Ages was announced, Starfield's Shattered Space expansion got its first trailer, Fable set a launch window of 2025, Life is Strange: Double Exposure was revealed, plus Activision confirmed that OG round-based Zombies will be returning in Call of Duty: Black Ops 6.

Towards the end of the event, Xbox president Sarah Bond stopped by to unveil three new pieces of hardware.

Xbox fans will soon be able to get their hands on an all-digital Xbox Series X in white, an Xbox Series S with 1TB of expanded storage, and a special edition Xbox Series X with 2TB of expanded storage.

What you may have missed is that Phil Spencer seemingly hinted towards yet another upcoming piece of hardware, that rumored handheld.

In an interview with IGN following the event, Spencer addressed the rumor.

"I think we should have a handheld too," he told IGN's Ryan McCaffrey.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't elaborate much beyond that.

"No, I don't want to say anything! You'll have to have Sarah Bond on, our president of Xbox, who is awesome," he continued.

"But the future for us in hardware is pretty awesome. And the work that the team is doing around different form factors, different ways to play, I'm incredibly excited about it."

"Today was about the games. We showed some of our gen nine console Series S, Series X, the work that we're doing. But we will have a time to come out and talk more about platform, and we can't wait to bring 'em to you."

McCaffrey went on to ask: "Hypothetically, if Microsoft did an Xbox gaming handheld PC device, would it be a Steam Deck-like dedicated piece of hardware that I can play offline, or would it be something I would need a wifi connection to stream things from?"

To this, Spencer said, "I'll put it this way: I like my ROG Ally, my Lenovo Legion Go - fantastic - my Steam Deck. I think being able to play games locally is really important."

Whatever is cooking up behind the scenes, I'm already sold.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back