• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Adventure Time movie and new series in development

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1718220032697.png

Oh my Glob, it looks like Adventure Time is making its way to the big screen with a brand-new movie.

The hit Cartoon Network show ran from 2010 to 2018, but has since returned for several one-off specials and spinoffs. Most recently, we got Adventure Time: Fionna and Cake, which released just last year.

I maintain Adventure Time is one of the best shows ever made, so I'd be the last person to suggest we've had enough of it. But even I was surprised to see today that Variety has reported a new movie and two more spinoff shows are currently in development.

Details on the movie are thin, but Variety notes that Adventure Time alum Rebecca Sugar, Patrick McHale, and Adam Muto are all attached.

As for the story itself? Well, we just don't know at this point. The Adventure Time universe is huge at this point, so a movie doesn't necessarily need to focus on Finn and Jake - but we'd be shocked if it didn't.

Apparently a new series with a back-to-basics approach has also been greenlit. Adventure Time: Side Quests is a series aimed at a younger audience that will focus on standalone adventures with a younger Finn and Jake.

A pre-school series for even younger audiences is also being developed. Adventure Time: Heyo BMO will see the loveable video game console move to a new neighborhood and have the kinds of low-stakes adventures that you'd expect from a show predominately made for toddlers.

Now if someone could just go ahead and greenlight the Wind Waker-style Adventure Time open-world RPG I've been dreaming of for the last decade, that'd be nifty.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back