• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News GTA III's "Interactive Litter" Didn't Make It Into San Andreas, But Did Live On In Another Rockstar Game

1723733718787.png

GTA III might be getting on a bit now, but it still has some impressive immersive tricks – one of which is the presence of litter, which blows around the city streets in a realistic manner.

Former DMA Design and Rockstar staffer Obbe Vermeij is the man we have to thank for this little feature – but has admits on Twitter that not everyone on the team was thrilled with it (thanks, Games Radar).

"The streets of gta3 looked too clean so I added litter," he says on Twitter. "It is a single rectangle that occasionally moves with the wind. It can also be dragged along by passing cars. The artists created 4 textures for it. 2 newspapers and 2 leaves."

Vermeij explains how the litter works, before adding that "not everyone on the team liked the litter." Because of this, it was removed for the sequel, San Andreas, "because I eventually lost the argument."

However, Vermeij explains that his litter code was included in another Rockstar joint later down the line. "In the last months of Manhunt development, some gta-ers helped out. I added the same litter code to Manhunt."

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back