• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew Lion's SNES Slideshow Creator

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
This is an exact clone of this repository over on archive.org, for the sole purpose of file preservation. The zip file uploaded has not been tampered with, and I suggest running a hasher on them for comparison.

The original text from archive.org:

"This is a utility that converts a series of PCX images into a slideshow in SMC format, which can be played back on a SNES emulator or a real SNES.

It was created by Lion in 1995 (hence the name), and distributed to various BBS's before being lost to time.

I managed to find this in a derelict BBS archive and decided to upload it here to keep it preserved.

Be sure to read the included documentation.

archive.org has the option to emulate this software in-browser, but this is not particularly useful without any PCX images to convert."

You can use this tutorial to set it up and use it:

The video recommends using an old DOS app to convert BMP to PCX, but any program like Photoshop or GIMP can convert it to a 256 color PCX file and it will work fine.

Example ROM I made:

1728552537526.webp

Attachments

• SLIDESV3.zip
    SLIDESV3.zip
    101 KB · Views: 10

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back