• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1/2 PlayStation 5 gamers hyped to replay returning PS2 classic

PlayStation and PS2 Games

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1721581303632.png

A forgotten classic of the PlayStation 2 era has made a triumphant comeback on PlayStation 5 and we love to see it.

One of the best perks of subscribing to PlayStation Plus Premium is gaining access to retro classics of yesteryear from the PS1, PS2, PS3 and even the handheld system, the PSP.

Check out the Summoner trailer below!

Visiting the PS Plus Classics Catalogue is a treasure chest of goodness which includes the likes of Tomb Raider Legend, Sly Raccoon, MediEvil, Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Toy Story 2, DOOM and much more.

However, one inclusion in the Classics Catalogue is a game that I had long forgotten about and by the looks of it, so too have many others, and the game in question is the action RPG, Summoner.

Originally released for the PlayStation 2, Summoner was one of the earliest games of that Sony console era and in some ways, was quite similar to Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind which was released a year later in 2002.

"Hell yeah! Who remembers this gem?" asked Redditor Bat-Honest, kicking off the discussion on the thread.

"That's awesome, I played the hell out of this game on PS2, and I still have a physical copy of it," said Ecstatic-Arachnid-91 with Purple-furball adding "I played this so much when I was a teen and they've even added trophy support, which is a big yes from me!"

"So far Summoner is the best emulation on PS Plus Premium," claimed Nervous-Meringue3791 with Same-Half-6409 saying "I love this game, it's probably the first RPG I ever played, so it's got huge nostalgic value to me."

If you don't subscribe to PlayStation Plus Premium, then never fear, because you can still buy Summoner as a standalone digital purchase right now for just £7.99 via the PlayStation Store.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back