• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News RGG Boss Says First Episode of Like a Dragon: Yakuza Made Him Scream, Take a Smoke Break

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1722393741296.png

The head of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, Masayoshi Yokoyama, says that the first episode of the upcoming live-action Like a Dragon adaptation from Amazon made him scream, with a "major surprise" at the end requiring him to take a relaxing cigarette break.

The revelation comes via a video shown by SEGA during San Diego Comic-Con, in which the director explained his response to seeing the upcoming show for the first time (thanks, VGC). Yokoyama seems incredibly pleased with how it turned out: "When I saw the ending, I couldn't help but scream. I jumped on my feet in my office, excited by the drama's twist. My hands were trembling as I took a smoke in our smoking room right after that. I was that affected. I thought it was amazing."

It seems there will be plenty for series stalwarts to gawk at, although the characterization of iconic characters like Kazuma Kiryu doesn't sound like an exact replication of the games: "Aspects of the original's essence are built in everywhere. The game fans who love the original story will understand. The spirit is there. They'll see surprises almost every 30 seconds. If you're new to the game, it's a new world. If you know it, you'll be grinning the whole time." Patting himself on the back a little, Yokoyama hopes fans will be just as excited for a fresh spin on the studio's surreal IP:

"The Kazuma Kiryu we created 20 years ago was perfect, and there's nothing more to add to his character. When you see how they fight in this drama, it's obvious they were not recreating the characters from the game. This project brought forth a new Kazuma Kiryu. At the same time, his rival, Akisa Nishikiyama, was newly created by Kento Kaku. Their acting is a must-see for sure."

Like a Dragon will begin airing on 25th October. Are you looking forward to seeing live-action Kiryu? Let us know in the comments section below.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back