• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Slavic folklore meets ’90s Disney cartoons in Marko: Beyond Brave, launching for PC this September

1720744201789.png

I'm not going to lie, one of the better ways for a game to catch my attention is to mention anything witchy. That, combined with the fact I'm a mid-80s baby who grew up on '90s Disney cartoons, means Marko: Beyond Brave is right up my alley. The first game from Bulgarian indie developer Studio Mechka, this Metroidvania has you slashing your way through a hand-drawn world heavily inspired by the very cartoons of my childhood that I remember so fondly. In this world, you'll fight mythical beasts and encounter old Slavic legends. Marko: Beyond Brave is set to launch for PC during December.

In the game, entropy (a state of disorder, randomness, or uncertainty) has escaped from its prison and is now threatening the world of Zagora. Marko is a young warrior who has discovered that he has the the ability to command secret elemental powers. His greatsword is big, and his moustache is even bigger. As Marko, you will bravely face ancient evils, fight mythical creatures, and create alliances — all in attempt to restore the world's balance.

Zagora is entirely hand-drawn and in a traditional 2D frame-by-frame style. Each vivid scene is inspired by Slavic mythology. There are lush forests, crumbling castles, creatures corrupted by battle, and intricate traps. Fight through foes by jumping, slashing, and shooting. Enemies from mere minions to mighty bosses are inspired by legends such as Vila, Koz'el, Urgl, Vlashko, and the Tree of Life.

The non-linear map contains hundreds of strange, unique rooms. An ancient story is revealed through finding hidden treasures, artifacts, and crumbling monuments. You can team up with both creatures and characters to help you beat the odds stacked against you. Craft, upgrade, and forge weapons and tools needed for victory.

Marko is small but mighty. Despite being repeatedly confronted by grave dangers, his power and ambition seem limitless. It must be the moustache, anybody with one like that is gonna be a bad-ass.

Developed and published by Studio Mechka, Marko: Beyond Brave will be released for PC via Steam on September 17. The developer's website states the game will also launch for PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox at some point.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back