• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo SWITCH Cheat Codes Download

Super Neptunia RPG 1.03 TID: 01004D600AC14000 BID: 14DBC890B79F8E4F

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
https://github.com/tomvita/MyNXCheats/releases/tag/01004D600AC14000

1715725960605.png

Here is a easy port tutorial on how to port pointer codes from earlier version of the game.

When a game has an update it is like a book getting a revision. The bulk of the content is expected to remain the same. What happens is text might be added or deleted here and there. When that happens the location of the original text is expected to be shifted.

When game gets an update you can expect the bulk of the code and data structure to remain the same. When game code is added in front of the game code we want to hack then we need to know how much it has shifted and change the cheat code accordingly. Some of the time that is all that is needed and that will be the case of easy asm port using Interactive-ASM-Cheats-Updater. Just like a book having a table of content that let you find the chapters by page number a game has a section of memory that let's the game know where to go in memory to find the data structure it needs for various items. Some of the time that is all that is needed to be updated (game data structure that is relevant to the cheat did not change) and that is when the following method can be used to port the pointer code.

What I am describing here is using Breeze.

First you add the cheat to the cheat code file that has the build id of the new version.
Then you go to advance cheat menu and place the cursor on the cheat made for the old version of the game and press the "Add to bookmark" button. When a pointer code that cannot be fully resolved is encountered you will see the following screen
I put 11 there as a default, you can use a different number between 0 and 255, normally I would recommend using one that don't already have some bookmark. Then press OK.
2024051316150000-50E2A11CE4BDDC72EF99DF78315D4938.jpg

After waiting for a few second you will be told how many bookmarks have been added.
2024051316413000-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg

These bookmark are all the pointers that have the same offsets as the old one except the starting offset.
Now go to the bookmark file you have selected in the above screen. ( you may have to use "FileSelection" button on bookmark menu to switch to this file)

2024051316415700-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg

Hopefully you see one that is pointing to the value you expect to see. For example if you try to rebase "Inf HP (1P)" you can see her current HP on screen. If there are too many bookmarks, you can perform a search ("SearchSetup" then "SearchBookmark", only ==A and [A..B] search are supported here). If you end up with one then just add this to cheat (press "Bookmark to Cheat" button) and you are done. If there is more than one then you have to test which is the correct one by editing memory and see that her HP change.

Now that you have ported "Inf HP (1P)" you can see that only the first line is different from the original. Most of the time you can do a global search and replace on the cheat file to replace the change in offset. In this case you would have ported all the combat code.

Do the same with moon jump. In this case you don't know what value it should be. Most of the time moon jump is a float. When you are on the rise it's not a very big number and also not a very small number (I normally use 0.1 .. 3000 when I search for moon jump, 3000 on the high end may be overkill but it is fine to avoid missing the bigger number). It can be either positive or negative number with a slight higher chance of being positive (in this case it can be seen from the cheat code that the value being hack is positive). On the ground it is more unpredictable, there is a fair chance it is zero but you would be foolish to just assume that in general. What I do in the case of moon jump is to make use of freeze game code. You can go to extended cheat menu and add freeze game code. Go to the game, make a jump and freeze the game in mid jump. Now go back to Breeze bookmark screen and examine the values. When I did this there is only one that looks right. If you see more than one then the the same drill, hack the memory and see what happen, just freeze the value, go back to game (remember to unfreeze game) and see that she is rising up and up.

One final word about pointers, they are valid only when the game is in a state where they are suppose to be valid. So if you are in a battle you know full well that jump is not relevant and cannot expect the moon jump pointer to be valid. The reverse if true, if you are not in battle you can't expect the battle pointer to be valid.
Post automatically merged: Yesterday at 2:56 AM​

Intermediate pointer code porting

If any of the data structure relevant to the cheat changed then the above method will fail.

The solution is to do the memory search for the easy ones. Then perform a pointer search on what you find.
Then look for valid pointer like you are making code from scratch. When you have a short list search for one that match fairly close to the original code. Then you hope that some of the other code that make use of same chain until fairly close to the target just need the same change.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back