• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Supernatural otome visual novel 9 R.I.P. will launch in the West this October

1721086822857.png

9 R.I.P. falls into the category of a supernatural horror otome visual novel. (This is why I have dubbed it a horrom: horror-romance.) Misa Isshiki is struggling under the weight of life's burdens. She's heard rumours of prowling ghosts and people disappearing, which she finds strange and a bit scary. She craves an escape but when the opportunity is presented to her, will she take the chance? Today, Idea Factory International (IFI) announced that 9 R.I.P. will be launching in the West at the perfect time: two weeks before Halloween.

The rumour about people disappearing also says those with lots of anxiety or struggling in another way are those most likely to be taken. It is pretty scary for poor Misa, young enough to be in her second year of high school, who has most certainly boarded the strugglebus. It's good that she doesn't believe in those things. Except she has been quite stressed about what her future will hold…

An eerie voice soon reaches out to Misa, offering a way to put her on the "right" path by seeing what she should do with her life. That is when strange things start going on around her. What happens depends a lot on what route you take: School Ghost Stories, Urban Legends, the Other Realm, or the Spirit World. School Ghost Stories is the spookiest, finding Misa trapped in a school where gruesome murders are said to have occurred. Depending on your choice, Misa could be spirited away to an alternate reality or remain in the real world to uncover tragic and thrilling truths. There are eight romance options.

Living with ghosts and evil spirits will have a continuing effect on Misa. Your choices will impact her affection with the characters she meets with the Love Catch System. Her psyche will also be affected. Wrong decisions can cause insanity or change Misa into something else entirely.

The game does include a content warning. It features content that may be distressing or unsuitable for some players, including mild jumpscares, violent imagery, and discussion of suicide. Player discretion is advised.

1721086889575.png

The previously-announced standard and limited editions are available to wishlist via the IFI North American Online Store, with pricing and pre-order dates to be announced later. The Limited Edition includes a copy of the game, a hardcover art book containing short stories and a walkthrough, an audio drama set, a Magatama necklace, Yukimaro's fan, a reversible cover sleeve, a collector's box, and an exclusive trading card.

Developed by Idea Factory/Design Factory and published by Idea Factory International, 9 R.I.P. will be released physically and digitally for Nintendo Switch in the West later this year.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back