• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Wuthering Waves is getting a console (PS5) release

1721755678769.png

Every time I see "Wuthering Waves" I think to myself "wow, they've gone and made a game of Wuthering Heights, my favorite novel of all time." That is unfortunately not the case, but Wuthering Waves does still look decent, as a free-to-play open-world RPG that has clearly been inspired by the success of Genshin Impact.

And it has very pretty girls.

Now it's finally coming to console after following Genshin Impact's trajectory of a PC and mobile release first. The game will release on PlayStation 5 at some point (release date still to be confirmed), and will be playable on the console at the ChinaJoy event from July 26 to 29.

Wuthering Waves has been a contrast between players, who seem to enjoy it a great deal (with a 4.5/5 average rating on the Epic Game Store), and the critics, who have generally found the combat to be solid but the narrative to be woeful.

Of course, people don't tend to play free-to-play gatcha titles for the narrative, and if everything else does hold up and continues to be improved on (as the developer seems to be committed to), then it should find itself a decent audience on the PlayStation 5 as well.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back