• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake Gets New Overview Trailer

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%

The release of *Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake* is yearned for, especially by fans who have followed the franchise for many years. That release is scheduled for November 14, 2024. The original *Dragon Quest III* from 1988 currently sits comfortably among the industry's classics, so it is natural that Square Enix would pay homage to that not-so-distant time when this series garnered play on the original Nintendo Entertainment System. (And many thanks to that ensemble cast for keeping that dream alive, too.) The nearly six-minute overview trailer does a better job of getting enthusiasm bubbling than any game announcement since *The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.*

Another thrilling addition is the Monster Arena, a feature that lets players command their befriended monsters in battle. While this mechanic has shown up in other *Dragon Quest* games, its introduction in *Dragon Quest III* provides a fresh take on monster management; it doesn't just enhance the series' strategic depth; it also amps up the sinister storyline. As revealed in a recent gameplay showcase, *Dragon Quest III's* narrative thrust takes players to Norvik, a town threatened by dark forces, where the mission is to retrieve the Dreamstone from... actually, I can't spoil that part. Rest assured that the series' tradition of spinning engaging yarns is alive and well.

In addition, Square Enix has added modern gameplay enhancements, like the option to speed up combat, and the introduction of an auto-battle feature. These are welcome additions, as they cater to the modern gaming audience and allow for a more streamlined experience without compromising the original's essence. The excitement over this remake is palpable, but the company also plans to release *Dragon Quest I & II*—yes, the two games that predate this one—in a similar format later this year. So, series purists, take note: You might want to engage with these remakes in chronological order. I guarantee you'll be surprised.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back