• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Gaming News Weekly: July 22, 2024

1721600206592.png

Welcome to GameParadise's weekly catch-up news feature, the catch-up coffee. I will bring you the best news you may have missed with each issue. Grab the biggest mug you've got, fill it with your favorite brew, and catch up with us!

Is that you, Chibi-Robo!?

I thought we'd seen the last of one of my favourite little gaming dudes, Chibi-Robo!, after the critical and commercial failure of 2015's Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash. I came into the series with Chibi-Robo! Park Patrol, which is funny considering it didn't sell very well here in North America. Once the series hit Zip Lash, it became unrecognizable to me: what was this side-scrolling platformer with combat nonsense? And I was one of many to think that way, considering the lack of further games in the series. But last week, a glimmer of hope appeared! Despite being about a small robot that resembles Chibi-Robo!, koROBO is the beginning of a completely new IP from Tiny Wonder Studio. And who established the development studio? Key members of Chibi-Robo!'s former team.

koROBO is an action-adventure game about a little silver robot named koROBO and his owner, a ten-year-old boy named Tom who prefers being at home tinkering to being in the outside world. (Same, Tom. Same.) Tom's parents are divorced and he rarely sees his dad, but sometimes dad sends Tom toys and other items from his international travels. koROBO's heartfelt journey begins in Tom's room and soon expands past those four walls. Tom wasn't too excited when he received koROBO from his dad, but soon the tiny tech was cleaning up the home, helping Tom with his homework, and chilling with him like a brother would. The gameplay's core is trekking across the home to clean messes and solve problems. You can also help other residents in the building. Tom has modified koROBO so he is solar-powered, so sometimes you'll have to guide him into a beam of sunlight to keep the battery charged.

Developed by Tiny Wonder Studio, koROBO is set to release for PC and "modern consoles." No specifics were given. The game will be on two crowdfunding sites, Kickstarter and Campfire, soon; on the Kickstarter page, you can request an e-mail once the campaign begins.

Feature-length dramatic thriller Apartment Story launches this September

I'm a big advocate for short games. You can easily have multiple playthroughs, the narrative is nicely condensed, and you're less likely to leave it unfinished. Apartment Story can be played within a single evening, with a playtime of 90 to 120 minutes. The contemporary, fast-paced game is about three people in one apartment with one gun. The developer describes the new gameplay trailer (below) as showing off the range of everyday activities available while spotlighting the game's evocative audiovisual identity.

27-year-old Arthur is trying to keep his head above water when Diane, his former roommate, shows up. She stays for a bit, they party a little, but then Blondey comes into play and the good times quickly turn sour. Apartment Story is set over a few days. Navigate real-time narrative events and relationships while satisfying Arthur's basic needs through a sim-like management system.

Developed and published by Blue Rider Interactive, Apartment Story will be released for PC via Steam on September 26.

Narrative dialogue game Midnight Ramen launches this week

Inspired by games like VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action of Coffee Talk, Midnight Ramen puts you in the role of the owner of a late-night ramen stand and his apprentice. Speak with customers, listen to their problems, and help if possible. But here is something to consider: what happens when the last diner has left and troubles are brewing in your life?

Here is the Midnight Ramen story trailer from several months ago:

For their orders, every customer has preferences for combining broth, noodles, toppings, and seasonings. Your customers aren't just feeling the weight of the empty bellies, they're also going through their issues. While serving them, chat them up and see if you can help. Everything is chill, ordinary, low-key… or is it? Beneath the surface lies an extraordinary secret begging to be discovered.

Developed and published by Cointinue Games, Midnight Ramen will be released for PC via Steam on July 24 at 11:00 AM Taipei Time, or 11:00 PM ET on the 23rd for North America.

Become a spooooky matchmaker in cozy game Love, Ghostie

I generally don't remember games I first heard about years ago unless they've been marketing to high heaven since then… but I remember seeing Love, Ghostie at the Wholesome Direct showcase from June 2002. There's a cute ghost. Love is in the air. What more could you want? Goldie the ghost is new to the manor and she loves watching romance blossom between its other residents. Learn about the 12 characters available through over 60 unique storylines to be discovered.

It takes lots of work to truly understand 12 other people. Get to know them through thoughtful gift-giving, arranging dates, or assigning tasks to influence their happiness and interpersonal relationships. Acquire upgrades and expand the manor to include more residents bit by bit. Every resident is shippable with everyone else, so it's like a love sandbox! Minigames deepen relationships and boost happiness.

Developed and published by women-led Janbeh Games, Love, Ghostie will be released for PC via Steam on August 14.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back