• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Highlights: Women-Led Games (Summer Game Fest)

Women-Led-Games-SGF-2024.jpeg

Women-Led Games may be one of the shorter showcases this weekend, but don't let that fool you: there are some really incredible titles from some really incredible people here. The show is hosted by Lianna Ruppert. I'm not going to lie, I've followed her on Twitter for what has to be years now. She's smart, funny, quick-witted, talented, hard-working, and quite honestly an inspiration for women working in the games industry – especially those of us with chronic illness. So that's what you'll find at the Women-Led Games showcase: a wide variety of inspiring women making a wide variety of interesting games!

Game highlights

Sunnyside (RainyGames)

This look at farming/life Sunnyside takes a look at the cooking system of the game. Designed by a former chef, cooking is far more intricate than it is in most games. A batch cooking system makes realistic portions and wastes less food. Ingredients can be found through things like fishing, shopping, and harvesting. They can also be made through foodcrafting or prepared by yourself for future cooking, which often uses multiple appliances. Cooking is hard work so you may not like/want/need to do it. If you've got the cash, grab some grub at a local vending machine, convenience store, or restaurant instead.

Sunnyside will be released for PC via Steam/Epic on June 14; it will be released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series on August 16.

Soulitaire (Beardshaker Games)

Run your own fortune-telling café in Soulitaire. Is anyone else just obsessed with the concept already? Welcome your friends and guests. Predict their future. Their destiny is in your cards. What do you see in their future? Lay the cards down and divine it out! Your interpretation can and will change the course of their lives though, so be very careful of the words you choose to use. The soul cards are chosen via dynamic solitaire (hence the title).

Soulitaire will be released for PC via Steam.

Soulitaire-Steam-ss-01.jpg

Woodo (Yullia Prohorova, Timur Bogotof)

Looking at Woodo I can practically smell the wooden puzzles my grandfather would create for us kids when I was young. (Oh, the memories…) The cozy 3D puzzle game features unique diorama assembly mechanics. Piece together charming little wooden dioramas inspired by classic puzzles for children. You know, the ones that caught your attention for hours when nothing else would and they make you kind of… zen? Reconnect with your inner child, with the person that could lay on the floor with the entire day stretching ahead of them. There is no rush, no plans, no worries. Rediscover your inner peace, piece by piece.

Woodo will be released for PC via Steam.

Woodo-Steam-ss-07.jpg

Urban Jungle (Kylyk Games)

I can't do plants. Real ones die. Fake ones collect dust. Either way, our cats think they're food and get sick after gnawing on edges when we're not looking. In Urban Jungle, I can live out my plant dreams in other people's homes! Decorate tiny houses and apartments with the plants. Find joy in filling homes with beauty, especially during the stark darkness that is winter. The plants don't need watering, just find them the perfect place and then it's time for more plants! Get to know the people living in these rooms by tidying up for them. Finally, and most importantly: there is a cat, and yes you can pet it.

Urban Jungle will be released for PC via Steam later this year.

Urban-Jungle-Steam-ss-02.jpg

Full list of featured games

• Ra Ra Boom (Gylee Games) – launching for PC via Steam/Epic/GOG, Xbox
  • The Palace on the Hill (Niku Games) – available now for PC via Steam
  • Yes, Your Grace: Snowfall (Brave at Night) – launching in 2024 for PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox
  • Citadelum (Abylight Barcelona) – launching in 2024 for PC via Steam
  • Sunnyside (RainyGames) – launching on June 14 for PC via Steam/Epic; launching on August 16 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series
  • The Crush House (Nerial) – launching on August 9 for PC via Steam
  • Duck Detective: The Secret Salami (Happy Broccoli Games) – available now for PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch
  • Just Crow Things (Unbound Creations) – coming soon for PC via Steam Steam, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Xbox
  • Phoenix Springs (Calligram Studio) – launching in September 2024 for PC/Mac/Linux via Steam
  • Albert Wilde: Quantum P.I. (Beyondthosehills) – coming soon for PC via Steam
  • Soulitaire (Beardshaker Games) – launching for PC via Steam
  • Mexico, 1921: A Deep Slumber (Mácula Interactive) – launching in 2024 for PC via Steam
  • Woodo (Yullia Prohorova, Timur Bogotof) – launching for PC via Steam
  • Star Stuff (Amino Games) – available now for PC via Steam
  • The Star Named EOS (Silver Lining Studio, Akatsuki Taiwan, Playism) – launching on July 23 for PC via Steam/Epic/GOG/Humble, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series
  • Bubblegum Galaxy (Smarto Club) – launching for PC via Steam
  • Abyss X Zero (Studio Pixel Punk) – launching for PC via Steam
  • Dungeon Clawler (Stray Fawn Studio) – launching in Q3 2023 for PC via Steam
  • Hyde's Haunt & Seek (Smol Games) – launching for PC via Steam
  • Munch (Mac n Cheese Games) – launching in 2024 for PC via Steam
  • Urban Jungle (Kylyk Games) – launching in 2024 for PC via Steam
Watch the showcase

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back