• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"NSP Forwarder Generator" - An online tool to create NRO/RetroArch forwarders

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
I want to share a tool that I've been working on to create NRO to NSP forwarders. I know there's a lot of prior art in this field, but all have been either Windows only or command line only, and that left me desiring a version that worked without installation and worked on all operating systems and has a nice user interface.

So I created this online tool called "NSP Forwarder Generator" (generic name, I know, but I'm not good at coming up with catchy/clever names)!

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 1.37.25 AM.png

Some features that I think make this version stand out are:
  • It's a website, not a program that you need to install, so it will always be up-to-date and works everywhere that a web browser is available.
  • All processing is done directly in the web browser. Images are processed using the
    <canvas>
    HTML element and the `hacbrewpack` tool (which is the central tool powering this) is running in the browser by being compiled to WASM.
  • A handy cropping interface to fine tune your application title image (on home screen), boot-up logo (top-left) and boot-up animation (bottom-right).
  • Automatic conversion of the images to the proper size and format that the Switch requires to work with (so no need to worry about troublesome EXIF data).
  • Convenient RetroArch core path presets selector, to quickly and easily specify which emulator a game should be run with.
I've been using it personally with a lot of success so far, but I am receptive to feedback and/or feature requests. Let me know if you find this useful. Cheers!

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back