• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Editorial Octopath Traveler Bundle Impressions

1718387965047.png

Last week, Square Enix made the Octopath Traveler series available across all current-gen platforms. The first and second game were made available to purchase separately, or as a bundle, on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC. We previously reviewed both games, more specifically Octopath Traveler on the Switch and Octopath Traveler II on PC, and I'd encourage you to take a look at both for in-depth insights. This article will go over the features of the Bundle.

1718388009246.png

By purchasing the £60/€75 digital bundle, you will be able to download each game separately, which otherwise cost £50/€60 each. I found this approach to the bundle, instead of a bigger game that includes both games, to be better as it gives you the option to download each game individually and save on storage space, should you need to.

Both games are the same as when they were initially released. They play fluidly on the Xbox Series S and I encountered no issues since playing the games on release. They both offer captivating stories of 8 different characters in gorgeous HD-2D visuals that evoke nostalgic feelings with their retro inspirations.

1718388092765.png

Along with the Bundle, Square Enix also updated Octopath Traveler II across all platforms to include the 'Extra Battles' mode. This free addition unlocks in the main menu after completing the main story. It amps up the challenge by allowing you to engage in, as the name suggests, extra battles. These include battles against the protagonist of the first game as well as battles against powered-up versions of Octopath Traveler II's final boss. This mode does not continue the story but is a nice addition if you're looking for an extra challenge in the Octopath Traveler universe.

Having the Octopath Traveler Bundle is a welcome addition to each storefront. The series takes a unique spin on classic JRPGs with a multi-protagonist approach and is presented in gorgeous HD-2D aesthetics. Being able to play Octopath Traveler and Octopath Traveler II on a console of your choice is a definite win for gamers. I hope that Square Enix continues to take such an approach with its upcoming titles, which I also hope to include a new Octopath game.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back