• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Resident Evil 7's director Koshi Nakanishi confirms the next Resident Evil title is officially in development

1720023660718.png

Capcom streamed a new Capcom Next event on July 1st, with it focusing specifically on 3 games more than anything, these 3 games being Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, Dead Rising Deluxe Remastered and Resident Evil 7 for iOS and Mac.

During the Resident Evil 7 segment of the stream, one of the persons interviewed for the section was Koshi Nakanishi, who worked as the director for the game during its development. The questions go into how they determined the revival of Resident Evil as a horror game most and foremost, and how they went into the direction RE7 went after the backlash Capcom received for Resident Evil 6's action-oriented outing. Alongside that, they also went into detail about the upcoming Resident Evil 7 port for iOS and Mac devices, which marks now the third game from the franchise to come to those devices alongside Resident Evil 8 and Resident Evil 4 Remake.

Nakashimi has previously worked on other Resident Evil titles, being a designer for Resident Evil 5, and he has been the director for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and of course, Resident Evil 7.

However, just a mere minute or so before the event wrapped up (at around minute 39), Nakanishi gave a short comment about the next Resident Evil title:

Koshi Nakanishi said:
We're making a new Resident Evil.

It was difficult to figure out what to do after 7, but I found it, and to be honest it feels substantial.

I can't share any details just yet, but I hope you're excited for the day I can.

It's still unknown whether or not the next title will be a direct numbered sequel/follow up to Resident Evil 8, be it Resident Evil 9, or if the next Resident Evil title will be another remake of sorts.

:arrow: Capcom Next - Summer 2024 Video (Age restricted)

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back