• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Steam's latest free download is one of the best looking games we've ever seen

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1723583255354.png

I am not exaggerating when I say that I think this might be the prettiest game I have ever seen.

Scarlet Deer Inn is the latest title from developers Attu Games, a team comprised of a wife and husband who are attempting to bring Slavic folklore to life their Studio Ghibli-inspired game.

The developers hail from the Czech Republic, and they're injecting the history of their country directly into the game's development.

As stated on the Steam page for the game, "Scarlet Deer Inn draws inspiration from the amazing movies by the Ghibli studio, medieval Europe and Slavic folklore."

They also note that the soundtrack for the game is comprised of "folk music inspired by the Middle Ages and performed on traditional instruments".

Also, burying the lede a little bit here but, every character in the game has been embroidered.

In case you're unfamiliar with embroidery techniques (and subsequently don't know how big of a deal this is), it's a method of stitching that can be used to decorate several different types of fabric.

By directly transplanting these real-life embroideries into the game, Attu Games has managed to make Scarlet Deer Inn one of the most visually unique games I've personally ever seen.

Watching the main character Elise in motion makes it all the more impressive, especially considering how perfectly all the individual frames of animation splice together.

While there's currently not any news on an official date for the full release of the game, you can play a short demo for yourself right now by visiting its page on Steam.

The demo is currently exclusive to Steam, but the full release will also be coming to Xbox and Nintendo Switch at some point in the future.

Currently no word on whether or not a PlayStation release is in Scarlet Deer Inn's future, but hopefully it'll get ported at some point.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back