• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News The My Time series gets a massive glow-up in the ambitious My Time at Evershine

1726613225023.png

My Time at Evershine may have just been announced and is still early in development, but there is already incredible buzz around it. This ambitious sequel to My Time at Portia and My Time at Sandrock aims to innovate and redesign the life-sim genre while adding deep roleplaying elements such as character progression. It features a completely new art direction, revamped gameplay mechanics, an array of romanceable characters, a story that takes over 40 hours to complete, and town management (new to the series).

Developer Pathea Games is once again turning to its fans to help fund a very early stage of development, saying that crowdfunding allows for it to plan for better features and links it with direct player feedback while key elements are being designed. The Kickstarter campaign will launch on September 24.

Here is some background for My Time at Evershine from the developer:

Three years after the events of My Time at Sandrock, the Duvos Empire has taken over the Orzu Ruins which Ethea also claims as their own, leading to a tense situation just north of the Alliance of Free Cities border in the Northern Eufaula region. In response, the Alliance has launched the North Development Plan to move settlers into the area and establish a new City-State for better defence. Evershine is one of six major new settlements in the area and will prove pivotal in the ongoing hostilities.
In the first two My Time games, you are a builder and are often tasked with essential jobs that other townsfolk are keen to avoid. In My Time at Evershine, you are elevated to governor. As the key figure in a new city, you'll begin with a modest campfire. It is your vision and leadership that drives the creation of settlement that leads to the existence of an entire city. You can task other characters with those once-avoided jobs while you get to relax, just focusing on shaping the city and surviving the dangers to come.

My Time at Evershine has a more defined protagonist than its predecessors. It also looks quite different from them. The developer describes it as the most beautiful and realistic game in the franchise, with motion-capture elements to help simulate a believable world. Several new gameplay elements are found within the task of creating a settlement and continuing to advance. You will recruit settlers, build critical infrastructure, tame the wilds, and lead your people. The story campaign can be played alone or in co-op mode with up to three other players. The host controls the story's pace, with everyone sharing resources and money.

Relationships have been key in the past My Time titles, and My Time at Evershine expands on social play even further. You can recruit up to three followers; they can stay with you for day-to-day tasks or be dispatched to do your bidding. Consider your followers' wants and needs to be sure nothing impacts their productivity. There will be 8-10 romanceable characters, with dozens of others to forge platonic relationships with. The romanceable characters will be integrated with the storyline.

Developed and published by Pathea Games, My Time at Evershine is planned to be released for PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, future (unannounced) Nintendo platforms, and Xbox Series.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back