• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Weekly Gaming News: August 19, 2024

1724024277804.png

Welcome to GameParadise's weekly catch-up news feature. I will bring you the best news you may have missed with each issue. Grab the biggest mug you've got, fill it with your favorite brew, and catch up with us.

Leave rural life behind in Cat Café Manager 2: Big City Bliss

Roost Games has announced a sequel to the excellent and adorable Cat Café Manager. You're leaving town life behind for something bigger in Cat Café 2: Big City Bliss. The cozy management sim brings you to a folkloric city filled to the brim with secrets and strays (cats). This is where you'll build the cat café of your dreams! The game's heart remains the same as its predecessor's but Cat Café Manager 2: Big City Bliss has a new look inspired by Studio Ghibli, '90s shoujo anime, and real city living. It combines hand-animated 2D characters with a 3D city containing hand-painted detail.

When a faerie feline (I want one!) possesses your smartphone, you learn that a magical force is causing people to feel isolated and lonely. Use the power of cats, coffee, and community to fill their hearts with joy. Take care of your cats, and your cats will take (emotional) care of your customers. Decorate your café as you want. This time, head outside your café to explore the bustling city where you may discover useful ingredients, crafting materials, hidden secrets, and more cats. Approach strays using the pst-pst-pst technique in turn-based cat-counters. Know their likes and dislikes to slowly earn their trust. You can train your cats to use skills like burrow paws, power snoot, and mighty mittens; these abilities will help you to further explore the city.

Developed and published by Roost Games, Cat Café Manager 2: Big City Bliss will be released for PC via Steam. There will be a Kickstarter campaign beginning on September 4.

Canadian text parser adventure game The Crimson Diamond is now available

After six years of development, The Crimson Diamond has launched! The faithful throwback to decades ago uses the rarely-seen EGA (IBM's Enhanced Graphics Adapter) graphical style and features type-to-interact gameplay. The narrative follows amateur mineralogist Nancy Maple. She lives in Toronto and works at the ROM, but dreams of studying at a university. When she hears that a massive diamond was discovered in Crimson, Ontario, the reluctant detective heads to the ghost town. Nancy will explore Crimson Lodge and the surrounding wilderness to investigate the diamond discovery claim. There is a colorful cast of characters, and you may need to eavesdrop on them to learn the truth.

"It's finally happening, and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you. Many years of work, many months of Crimson gazettes, and many weeks of Crimson C'Tuesdays, live streaming game art development. Many days of being so heartened by people reaching out and telling me what games like this have meant to them," said solo developer Julia Minamata in a press release. "I hope I can reignite those same feelings because that's what got me started in the first place. But I also hope that people new to the genre will enjoy it too, and have a whole world of adventure games opened up to them. Long live adventure games!"

Developed and published by Julia Minamata, The Crimson Diamond is available for PC via Steam.

Museum management game Two Point Museum announced

Two Point Hospital and Two Point Campus are decent games, but the third Two Point title hits me hard because museums have a special place in my heart. Begin Two Point Museum as a fledgling curator, designing and refining your museums until you create the ultimate guest experience. Coordinate Experts on expeditions to discover new Exhibits, create Buzz to bring in the crows, and provide them great infotainment so they leave impressed. You'll also have to keep the Exhibits safe, the rooms clean, the staff happy, and kids off the dinosaur bones.

Your experts are only partially trained, but that won't stop you from sending them on Expeditions to search for artifacts. When they return (they will return, right?) you can display their finds in your museum. Unlock new locations as you progress and complete a sticker book to document your journey. At home, manage museum Staff so they can do their jobs well. The museum can be designed as you want it. Design thematic areas to guide your guests, then arrange guided tours led by an Expert. Showcase Exhibits with the highest Buzz, which means they are top quality with ample information and great decorations. Different types of guests will visit. They won't necessarily have the same interests, but they all expect the same things: the museum to be clean, lots of accessible toilets, and a great gift shop. Exceed your guests' expectations to keep them engaged so they will visit longer, donate more, and leave glowing reviews.

Developed by Two Point Studios and published by Sega, Two Point Museum will be released for PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series.

Magical coming-of-age adventure game Last Time I Saw You launches this October

Despite Last Time I Saw You may have been inspired by the Jebi typhoon that struck Osaka in 2018, it takes place in a rural town during the 1980s. The small town hides a big secret. The game is described as a beautiful, uplifting, magical realism coming-of-age adventure story. It is a hand-drawn puzzle-action game filled with nostalgia.

Ayumi has a series of haunting dreams that lead to a search for answers. Last Time I Saw You is an adventure of love, friendship and the trials of being young. Explore a beautiful forest, help townsfolk with their troubles, befriend doubtful spirits, and meet the girl of your dreams! The cast of characters is inspired by Japanese mythology and includes school friends, gossiping townies, samurai crows, and kleptomaniac kappas.

Developed by Maboroshi Artworks and published by Chorus Worldwide, Last Time I Saw You will be released for PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series, and Xbox One on October 10.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back