• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Weekly Gaming News: August 26, 2024

1724637014344.png

Welcome to GameParadise's weekly catch-up news feature. I will bring you the best news you may have missed with each issue. Grab the biggest mug you've got, fill it with your favorite brew, and catch up with us!

The next Fantasy Life game has been delayed… again…

I am always the first to stand up for developers who push back a release date because things need polishing up. Still, I'm not fond that Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time was originally supposed to launch in 2023, then 2024 (with the specific date later announced as October 10), and now it has been delayed again with an unannounced/undecided launch date. Part of my dislike is my concern that the game was so bad that it took over a year to improve; the larger part is that I don't know how long I can wait!

1724637091954.png

Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time is a brand-new entry into the series. You'll build your own city, adventure around a new island, choose whatever Life suits you (and change it when you want), travel between past and present, and encounter popular series characters making their return. There is a mystery on the island: a dragon soars the skies above and a girl can control time. Lives (occupations) include Paladin, Woodcutter, Cook, Artist, and more.

Developed by Level5 concept and published by Level-5, Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time will be released for Nintendo Switch (with other platforms "undecided"). More will be announced at Level5 Vision 2024: To the World's Children, officially scheduled for Northern Summer.

Final Fantasy XVI is launching for PC this September

Final Fantasy XVI is much-loved here at GP. It first launched for PlayStation 5 a little more than a year ago and that exclusivity is nearing its end as the latest Final Fantasy title is set to come to PC next month. Pre-purchase is open now for the standard and complete editions; individual DLC and the Expansion Pass will also be available at launch. Anyone who pre-purchases the game will receive three DLC items: the Brave Blade Weapon, the Cat Sith Charm, and the "Sixteen Bells" Orchestrion Roll.

A demo version of the game is available now. It includes the opening prologue (during Clive's adolescence) which equals approximately two hours of game time. The demo also includes the Eikonic Challenge Mode, where you can enjoy frenetic fights with access to more abilities. The save data will carry over to the full game at launch, presuming you buy it from the same place.

Developed and published by Square Enix, Final Fantasy XVI is available for PlayStation 4. It will launch for PC via Steam/Epic on September 17.

Want to learn about Silent Hill 2's narrative?

There have already been trailers focusing on Silent Hill 2's combat and gameplay, and finally we also have one taking a look at the upcoming remake's story. The 3-minute trailer oozes with atmosphere and also shows off some of the creepy/odd characters that you can find around town. In the game, James receives a letter from his deceased wife before travelling to Silent Hill, where the couple had made many memories together. By the lake, he finds a woman that looks and sounds just like his wife. But that can't be right… right?

The remake expands the map by opening up locations/buildings that were inaccessible in the past and adding some new ones. Familiar weapons (steel pipe, anyone?) return but gameplay has evolved: two examples are that you can time your dodges to avoid attacks and aim down sights. The original game's fixed camera has shifted to an over-the-shoulder perspective. High-end graphics and sound make the town feel more unsettling and real than before, aided by new immersive soundscapes.

Developed by Bloober Team and published by Konami, Silent Hill 2 will be released for PC via Steam and PlayStation 5 on October 8.

The next part of The Dark Pictures Anthology has been announced

It's been a couple of years since the last game in the first season of The Dark Pictures Anthology was released. The series has always been planned as eight titles inspired by eight horror genres, now split into two seasons. The first season launched from 2019 to 2022 and includes Man of Medan, Little Hope, House of Ashes, and The Devil in Me. (There was a spin-off released last year, but I'm not including it.) Last week, Supermassive Games officially announced the previously-teased first title of the second season of the anthology, Directive 8020. This one is in the horror-in-space genre, inspired by films like Alien and described as "(John Carpenter's) The Thing in deep space."

In the game, Earth is dying and humanity is on the brink of extinction. Tau Ceti f, found 12 lightyears away, initially offers hope. This hope vanishes when the Cassiopeia crashes onto the planet and the colony ship's crew learns they aren't alone. The planet is home to an alien organism that can mimic its prey. The crew will have to decide whether to save themselves while risking the lives of everyone remaining on Earth.

Developed and now self-published by Supermassive Games, Directive 8020: A Dark Pictures Game will be released for PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series in 2025.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back