• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Comments On Indiana Jones PS5, And Microsoft's Plan Moving Forward

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1724252222660.png

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer has made an appearance at Gamescom 2024 - effectively kicking off Microsoft's daily livestream schedule that's planned for the next few days. Of course, with the huge Indiana Jones news last night, Phil was quickly asked about the team's PS5 announcement and what it means for Xbox moving forward.

His answer isn't too dissimilar to what we've heard before, but in short, Phil thinks that the team's new approach will boost the health of Xbox and its franchises in the long term. Here's what he had to say on the broader topic, and on Indy coming to PS5:

"Going to the PlayStation announcement, obviously last spring, we launched four games — two of them on Switch, four of them on PlayStation — and we said we were going to learn. We said we'd watch, I think at the showcase I might have said 'from our learning we're going to do more'.
What I see, when I look, is our franchises are getting stronger — our Xbox console players are as high this year as they've ever been — so I look at it and I say okay, our player numbers are going up for the console platform, our franchises are as strong as they've ever been, and we run a business.
It's definitely true inside of Microsoft that the bar is high for us in terms of the delivery that we have to give back to the company - we get a level of support from the company that's just amazing in what we're able to go and do.
So, I look at this as how can we make our games as strong as possible. Our platform continues to grow both on console, on PC and on Cloud - I think it's just going to be a strategy that works for us."
Phil also went on to talk about the general health of the industry, saying that us as fans will "have to anticipate there's going to be more change" in terms of the way games are made and distributed in future.

Anyway, we'll let you all mull over these Phil comments for now.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back