• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 gets jaw-dropping new-gen graphics overhaul

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1720116699866.png

The BioShock series from 2K has always been one of the best looking since its inception in 2007 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Yet with each new console generation, the game has evolved to be bigger, prettier and arguably better than the last.

That being said, it's been years since we've been treated to a new game in this iconic dystopian series with the last entry being the prequel, BioShock Infinite in 2013. We do know that BioShock 4 is on the way but at this time, the new game developed by the new team at Cloud Chamber Studios has no release date but some fear that it might not launch until 2028.

What's more, BioShock 4 will no longer be led by series creator Ken Levine with his focus being on the new IP, Judas, the latter of which is also being created by a new studio, Ghost Story Games and is expected to be released in 2025. It's certainly going to be an exciting few years ahead for BioShock fans, to say the least.

Perhaps one of the games in the 2K series that is not looked upon as favourably due to the high standards set is BioShock 2 which was originally released in 2010, despite earning a very respectable Metacritic score of 88. Maybe it was frowned upon by some because BioShock 2 was not created by then-series developer Irrational Games but instead, those duties were handed to 2K Marin.

Regardless, I think BioShock 2 is a fantastic game and I know that I'm not alone in that belief. However, given the fact that BioShock 2 is 14 years old at this point, as good as it still looks, it has started to look a bit dated.

Thankfully, to give BioShock 2 some much-needed love, the YouTube channel Digital Dreams has given the game a godly makeover that even Andrew Ryan would be proud of. Utilising reshade software and glorious ray-tracing powered by Nvidia RTX 4090, BioShock 2 has been the recipient of an 'ultra graphics showcase' at a gorgeous 8K resolution and 60 frames per second.

If 2K decided to give the original BioShock trilogy a proper remaster unlike the official 2016 release BioShock: The Collection, the new-gen graphics overhaul showcased by Digital Dreams is what I hope it would look like.

Sadly, it's unlikely that any of the BioShock games will receive official remasters to this kind of level but we can at least dream. You can of course implement the mods suggested in the description section of the Digital Dreams video but you will need one hell of a beast PC.

For the rest of us, we can at least play the original BioShock trilogy on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back