• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Bloodborne meets Days Gone in free open-world RPG you can download now

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1718647674639.png

I'll be the first to admit that Bloodborne and Days Gone are not two games you'd expect to see mentioned together very often, though they have more in common than you might think.

Both are PlayStation exclusives, obviously. Both have also been largely abandoned by Sony. And while Bloodborne is a rich gothic masterpiece and Days Gone is a video game, both have their own dedicated fans.

Once Human, the new open-world RPG from developer and publisher Starry Studio has elements of both games - and plenty more besides.

It has the eldritch horror and strange beasts of Bloodborne, paired with the open-world exploration and hordes of Days Gone. Certainly, watching your player-created character explore the world on the back of a bike conjures up memories of Sony Bend's cult favorite.

"Once Human is a multiplayer open-world survival game set in a strange, post-apocalyptic future," reads the Steam store description.

"Unite with friends to fight monstrous enemies, uncover secret plots, compete for resources, and build your own territory. Once, you were merely human. Now, you have the power to remake the world."

I'm not fully convinced Starry Studio isn't trying to do too much, with a truly massive map, vehicles, base building, multiplayer, fishing, and a dedicated story all in one package.

The good news is you can currently download and play a free demo on Steam to see how you feel about it. The full game will also be free when it finally launches, but for now you can try and see if you vibe with what Once Human is trying to do.

Having checked it out at GDC a few months ago I do feel like it could be a hit if it sticks the landing. But there's every chance it could collapse under the weight of its own ambition. Watch this space.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back