• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Final Fantasy Dev Insists The Future Is Bright For Square Enix Games On Xbox

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1724856836372.png

It's no secret that Square Enix has restricted a fair few games away from Xbox in recent years, including the big mainline Final Fantasy releases, but it sounds like the company is very keen to make sure that changes going forward.

In a new interview with Eurogamer this week, Final Fantasy 14 producer and director Naoki Yoshida insisted that Square Enix wants to "strengthen the community on Xbox towards the Final Fantasy franchise":

"With Final Fantasy 14 as an opportunity, we can take this opportunity to strengthen the community on Xbox towards the Final Fantasy franchise. I think this is where we would take more communication and work on establishing the community moving forward. And this is important, not for Final Fantasy 14, but, I would say, for Square Enix."

And even beyond Final Fantasy specifically, the idea is to bring more Square Enix games to Xbox:

"So with Final Fantasy 14 as the starting point, we do want to release more Square Enix games on Xbox, and there will be more of our titles released on Xbox. So I hope players will look forward to future things to come on the platform."

This isn't exactly brand-new information as Square Enix confirmed a new multiplatform strategy earlier in the year, but it's nice to hear Yoshida double-down on the idea that we'll be getting more SE games on Xbox before long.

Will that include the likes of Final Fantasy 16? It seems very possible, but ultimately it depends what kind of deal Sony has secured with Square Enix in recent years. Surely we'll get some of the newer FF titles eventually though...

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back