• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor 'Industry Whispers' Fuel Speculation Of A Switch 2 Reveal This Month

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1725462457999.png

Oh boy, here we go... As we get closer and closer to the end of the year, speculation around when Nintendo will reveal the Switch successor is beginning to reach its peak.

Now, thanks to a few social media posts circulating from key industry figures, rumours of a potential 'Switch 2' reveal (or at least something Switch 2-related) happening this month are beginning to swiftly gather pace. The first comes from Gameindustry.biz's Chris Dring, who posted a tweet that simply states "With industry whispers around 'something' Switch 2-related happening this month, I thought I'd remind everyone of the official list of the greatest games consoles of all time" (it's the Switch, of course, but that's not the important thing here.

Now, 'industry whispers' could mean anything, but for someone in Dring's position to highlight it publicly means there could potentially be some weight behind it.

In a post that sort-of-but-not-quite backs up Dring's statement, VGC's Andy Robinson stated "It seems a bunch of press have heard this", directly referencing Dring's statement on a Switch 2 event in September. To balance it out a bit, however, he ends by saying "But I still wouldn't bet my house on it".

That's really the thing with Nintendo, isn't it? It really doesn't matter how much chatter goes on within the industry, it's tough (if not impossible) to nail down exactly what the firm is going to be planning over the coming weeks and months.

Finally, however, we have a tweet from David Gibson, Senior Analyst at MST Financial, who quoted Dring's statement and backed it up with a couple of potential windows in which Nintendo will finally reveal the Switch 2. He clarifies his prediction by stating that Nintendo will want to avoid the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, which takes place from 26th - 29th September 2024 (it's also worth noting that Sony is allegedly gearing up to reveal the PS5 Pro around this time).

These are hardly the most concrete statements on the matter, but it's certainly noteworthy, at least. Heck, if you pop on over to Famiboards, the vast majority of users over there seem utterly convinced that Nintendo will reveal the Switch successor this month, and that's even before we got these tweets from Dring and company.

So, what do you think? Do you reckon Nintendo could reveal the Switch 2 this month? Share your thoughts with a comment, and be sure to vote in the poll below.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back