• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacking Official PCSX2 Xbox One Thread - Project Blue

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
1709246378784.png

This is the official thread for the ongoing and current effort by members of the community to get PlayStation 2 Emulation on Xbox One via PCSX2. Codenamed "Project Blue". The current state of affairs is that while have several emulators that work great on the Xbox One via retroarch, we do not yet have any feasible way of emulating PS2 Games. This is something we are actively working to change. We can do this by funding current efforts by the libretro team to get a working PCSX2 core ported over to retroarch. Aside from that, we can also work hand in hand with developers in the community to implement a port of PCSX2 that is targeted for the Universal Windows Platform for Xbox One. If you would like to help there are two ways you can assist. We are looking for developers that have one or more of the following,

+Some level of familiarity with porting to UWP,
+C++ Programming skills,
+Prior experience with emulation development.

If you think you have what it takes and would like to help in developing a port we would love to have you on the team. Secondly, another way you can help is by funding ongoing efforts to have PCSX2 ported as a core to retroarch. I will leave a link below if you're interested in that. As far as performance goes, it's been confirmed by the developers themselves a while back that it is possible to get the emulator running on the console however, optimizations would need to be made before we can expect anything that is decently playable for a majority of titles. Any updates or new developments regarding PCSX2 on Xbox One will be posted here as they happen. Lastly I want to remind everyone that this is going to take some time, please understand this isn't an overnight undertaking by any stretch of the imagination. We will keep everyone informed here as things progress. .

Link to donate to PCSX2 Retroarch Core -> https://www.bountysource.com/issues/59336467-bounty-create-a-pcsx2-core

Wanna get involved with Development?
If you're a developer dm me and I'll get you a link to our Discord Development Channel.
Contribute to the project on Github -> https://github.com/PCSX2-UWP-Team/pcsx2

Development Update - We now have PCSX2 Building into a .APPX file. This doesn't mean much to the end user yet but anyone familiar with the xbox scene will know it's an important first step in getting it ported over to Xbox One (UWP). There is still much left to be done and our team is working hard to get there.I'll continue to update as things progress

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back