• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod Red Dead Redemption 2 finally has the ending we've been dreaming of for years

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1715640285005.png

With Rockstar Games' focus firmly set on the upcoming Grand Theft Auto VI, the future of the Red Dead franchise remains, for now, uncertain.

Given its success, both commercially and critically, I'd expect that Rockstar will indeed revisit Red Dead. Whether that's with Red Dead Redemption 3 or a reboot, I have no idea.

A sequel wouldn't need to particularly break the mould. Fair to say, I think plenty of us would be satisfied with more of the same. The level of detail in Red Dead 2 is already exquisite.

In the meantime though, we're simply going to have to return to this beloved favorite.

If you're a PC player, you can do so with the option of a new ending thanks to the excellent 'Arthur's Redemption' mod which is available to download now.

It goes without saying that I will be addressing Red Dead Redemption 2 ending spoilers so do click away if you're yet to roll credits.

Given that this game launched six years ago though, I'm hoping that warning won't deter any of you here.

The mod is courtesy of NexusMods user RedPed and it essentially adds an alternative ending that sees Arthur Morgan make a miraculous recovery.

"Arthur's story doesn't stop in chapter six. He is healthy again and you can start a new journey with him and the remnants of the gang," reads the synopsis.

With a newfound spring in his step, Arthur will be able to explore three new camps: Beaver Hollow, Clemens Points, and Shady Belle.

These include side missions, various dialogue encounters, and playable games like poker and dominoes.

RedPed simply warns that "Dutch, Micah & Lenny must be gone in order for this mod to function properly. No more bad leadership & dark energy from Dutch & Micah in the gang."

It's a wholesome little mod for those of you who just want to live within Arthur's shoes for eternity.

Of course, this ending takes away some of the emotional impact of the main game but hey, it's not canon. It's a bit of fun that looks well worth diving into.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back