• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Steam free demo is so relaxing it makes Stardew Valley look like Dark Souls

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1721783146347.png

Sometimes, you just wanna have a nice, chill evening playing video games.

You don't want to spend your hard earned free time getting trounced by an Elden Ring boss or getting screamed at by a bunch of 13 year olds in a Call of Duty lobby. Maybe you just fancy taking your brain out and letting something wholesome wash over you instead.

Well, if you're feeling warn out and in need of some light, simple fun, then you're in luck - because Steam has a cozy treat for you in the form of an incredibly relaxing free demo.

The demo for Tranquil Isle, a "lo-fi" city builder inspired by the likes of CIV and Islanders, just dropped and its pleasant vibes are already set to steal the hearts of Stardew Valley lovers everywhere.

It's developer Tom Daly's (not the gold medal winning Olympic diver, in case you were confused) first title, made entirely in Unreal Engine 5 and set to fully release later this year.

It isn't publisher Future Friends Games first rodeo however, as they've been behind the likes of well received titles such as SUMMERHOUSE and Festival Tycoon.

They're also set to publish the much anticipated Europa somewhere down the line too, so they're already clearly set on carving a name for themselves as a publisher of cute and wholesome titles.

Tranquil Isle's Steam description describes itself as a "a lo-fi townbuilding roguelite" and suggests players "chill out and build with no restrictions in sandbox mode", a suggestion no player should struggle with given the immaculately serene vibes on offer.

Even the trailer for the game is just hypnotically mellow. I don't know if it's the art style, the music, or the narrator's agreeably dulcet tones, but something about it just permeates your soul, man. Next time I'm struggling to sleep, I'm going to try putting the trailer on a loop instead of listening to whale sounds.

Honestly it's chilled me out so much I'm not even going to bother finishing this post. Just go and download it while I have a little nap.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back