• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

wii remote PCB scans

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
This post is for the wii remote model: MDK 332V-0 N
The donor remote had a short on 2 caps on broadcom ic. reflowing fixed only the short on one cap.

Some layers didn't get scanned that great, so I've also included pictures taken with my phone.
I've included pictures with caps and resistors values. They were measured while removed from the circuit.I used a cheap multimeter, so the values aren't that precise.
I've included clear pictures with all the chips and diodes. Maybe someone can identify them.

For the psd file you will need adobe photoshop. It includes:
- all 4 layers aligned
- a layer for the ground vias
- a layer for the rest of the vias. Some of them could also be gnd
- all the components pads
- all 4 layers have been redrawn, but without the gnd plane, and without gnd
On the T1 layer there's a plane marked with "?" That plane is connected to gnd on the top layer(T2), but on the rest of the layers is kept separate.

Eagle sch + brd
They should be complete, unless i missed something. the schematic still needs proper signal names and some symbols needs to be redrawn.

Get all the files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/36bv6n15gwfl7kkxsylq0/h?rlkey=4iqt9tpp2lja15wcgy510h815&dl=0

It's my first time doing this, so here's the process:
- I removed all the components and I also removed the solder with desoldering braid
- I removed the solder mask with 98% caustic soda. The process was fast, about 2 minutes, but the silk screen didn't came off. I left the pcb some more in the solution and after that I used 800 sandpaper to remove the remaining silkscreen. 500 would have worked much better.
- I removed the copper on the outer layers using 180 sand paper. Painful!
- To reach the inner top layer I used 180 and 500 sandpaper. Painful and stressful!
- To reach the inner bottom layer I used 100 and 240 sandpaper. Still painful but things went a lot smoother. It seems to be the best granulation to reach inner layers.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back