• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Zelda fans stunned by next-gen remake of fan-favorite game

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1718477282365.png

The Legend of Zelda is not only one of Nintendo's most popular franchises along with the likes of Super Mario and Pokémon but it's also one of the most iconic in all of the video game industry and fans of the series can never get enough Link and Zelda goodness.

Depending on which fan you ask, each might give you a different answer as to which is the best game in The Legend of Zelda series. On a different day, I could answer between, Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker or A Link to the Past, and it's the latter which is the topic of today's discussion.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was originally released for the SNES in 1991 in Japan, then the following year for Europe and North America. It's often rare for any Zelda game not to be a critical and commercial hit (other than those CD-i games) and sticking to tradition, A Link to the Past was a hit with fans.

22 years later, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past would receive a sequel in 2013 for the Nintendo 3DS with A Link Between Worlds (which you should check out). So with it being 10 years since that release, fans are craving some old-school Zelda adventures.

There was some hope that The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past might receive a modern remake, similar to 2019's Link's Awakening for the Nintendo Switch (a remake of the 1993 Game Boy title). Sadly, that time hasn't arrived yet, but a dedicated fan has taken matters into their own hands.

YouTuber BlovVanDam (I assume not a relation to the legendary ECW wrestler), has created their own remake of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, inspired by the aforementioned remake of Link's Awakening. If you inspect Link closely, you can tell that the character model isn't quite right but at a glance, this almost looks like an official Nintendo remake.

The fan-made remake opens up similar to the original SNES game but is enhanced by snazzy new visuals, audio dialogue and sound effects. This fan-made remake really is a joy to behold and it makes me wish that Nintendo would give us a proper remake on the Nintendo Switch.

Unfortunately, there are no signs of that official remake happening anytime soon. You can at least still play digital versions of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on Wii, Wii U and 3DS if you nabbed a digital copy before Nintendo closed the digital stores.

If you missed out on those digital copies, you also have the option of playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as part of the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back