• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Randy Pitchford Teases Borderlands 4 After Tirade Over Flop Movie Adaptation

Are you planning to watch the Borderlands movie?

• Yes, I'll be seeing it at the cinema

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Maybe, but I'll probably wait for streaming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm really not a fan of Borderlands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1723476158814.png

Randy Pitchford must feel quite conflicted at the moment. As the boss of Gearbox, the studio behind the Borderlands franchise, it must be quite mind-blowing to see the series you helped create get a big budget movie adaptation. However, considering the catastrophic opening weekend sales figures, we reckon it's probably quite heart-breaking, too.

Seemingly unable to distance himself from social media, Pitchford has gone through all the emotions on X (or Twitter) this weekend: excitement, elation, anger – you name it, he's been there. However, among all the chaos, he also appears to have confirmed Borderlands 4 in the process. We suppose that's not a huge surprise, but here we are.

"So what you're saying is: you like what my friends and I do with our Borderlands video games even more than you like what some of the biggest and best cast and crew of film makers on the planet have done," he wrote in response to the film's relatively negative reaction. "I'm super flattered! We're working extra hard four you on what's next."

That "four" in his message is not a typo, and is about as subtle as a brick.

Pitchford would end up going on to argue with fans and critics on social media over the course of the weekend, eventually blocking a handful of users as part of his tirade. He'd later go on to walk back some of his overreactions.

"I'm going to try and build a bridge here 'cause I'm an idiot," he said while retweeting a novel written by Paul Tassi, a gaming critic on Forbes. "Dude isn't just a critic. Dude is out here making stuff – adding to the world. I respect that. I blocked him because I thought he was trying to hurt me and hurt something I love."

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back