• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Tony Hawk Teases He and Activision Are 'Working on Something' as Series Turns 25

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%

Tony Hawk, the legendary skateboarder and namesake of Activision's beloved skateboarding game series, has teased something in relation to the franchise's 25th anniversary. Speaking in an interview with Mythical Kitchen, the Californian appears to more or less confirm a new game of some sort in the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series.

"I wish I could tell you more, but I can tell you that I've been talking to Activision again," Hawk says, adding that it's something "insanely exciting". He clarifies, saying that he and the publisher are "working on something" together. "It will be something the fans will truly appreciate," he teases. You can hear the conversation in the above video at about 25 minutes in — we've time stamped the correct part.

Indeed, the original THPS released on PlayStation back in September of 1999, making it 25 years old this month. It seems an apt occasion to begin talking about something new, though exactly what it is remains a mystery for now.

After the release of the great remake compilation Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2, fans were hoping the same treatment would follow for games 3 and 4. However, developer Vicarious Visions as we know it was absorbed into Activision, and any plans for the later games to be remade were cancelled. We suppose Hawk's comments could suggest the project is back on the cards, but it could equally be something else. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to find out.

Would you like to see Activision return to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater? Ollie into the comments section below.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back