• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew DSi Homebrew Menu directly on your Home Menu!

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
I recently discovered that I can get SRLs to boot into DSi mode if I use the right DSi Extended header settings. Initially I needed to provide an existing Arm7i/arm9i binary, but later discovered that they aren't needed. hbmenu works fine with the arm7i/arm9i binary locations pointed to the existing NTR binaries. So they aren't even needed for homebrew to use DSi mode!

This is the result!

As you can see hbmenu works just as well as it did from Sudokuhax. Now you don't need to waste time booting up a game like Sudokuhax to use your DS/DSi homebrew!

While I did do some work figuring out how to boot custome SRLs, all the credit goes to @ahezard for making some changes to the source code of homebrew menu and creating a python script to more easily convert homebrew SRLs to something you can install to home menu. (though your results will vary. Many homebrew use arm7 code/ram entry settings that TWL_FIRM won't let you use directly)

Download Link:

https://github.com/ahezard/nds-hb-menu/releases

Latest release can be found on ahezard's github as well as a pre-compiled version of hbmenu that you can use from the Home Menu!

Note that you must have latest nightly build of rxTools or a prepatched TWL_FIRM installed before you can run custom DSiWare. If you see the Error has Occurred message, you do not have a patched TWL_FIRM and need to either use rxTools or get the prepatched CIA to install. Note that if you intend to use this on emunand, you must also install hbmenu (and any other DSiWare) to your sysnand as well before they will work from emunand. Note that patched TWL_FIRM is only needed on emunand if launching from emunand. ;)

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back